So as many of you already know (& those of you who don’t) at the RLCS, Rocket League announced their NEW game mode (coming in September) called “Rumble”. This mode is the basic Rocket League game that we all know and love but with a twist! Before I give you my thoughts here is the trailer.
The first thing I thought when watching the trailer was “Mario Kart”. Though you are not technically racing, you are using “special powers” to gain an advantage on your opponents. You can see freezing of the ball, pulling the ball towards you with a plunger, sticking the ball to yourself as you are covered with spikes, and more:
- The Boot (Kicks an opponent’s car)
- Disruptor (Forces your opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (Allows you to hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and opposing cars into a giant funnel cloud)
I am honestly very excited for this game mode and I think all of the “special powers” are pretty cool, especially the “Swapper (which changes your place on the field with an opponent’s)”. I watched the trailer a few times and I didn’t see anything that showed where you gain the powers, but maybe they are given to you when you get the “Max Boost”? That’s just a guess but I am interested to see how that plays out.
I think this will be a valuable asset to the game as a whole and add not just a cool mode but a really FUN one at that. I can see my friends and I playing this mode quite a bit in between competitive and our MLD League. Maybe the Rumble will be a nice Mid-Season event for Season 3! Only time will tell but as for now MOST people are ready for the Rumble!
Some info has taken from Rocket League website pertaining to the Rumble.
For More Awesome HalfShelledHero Gaming Approved Content, Visit :